VACANCY – CARE CO-ORDINATOR
- By JHT
Based at Kites Corner, North Upton Lane, Gloucester
37.5 hrs per week plus some on call cover may be required
Do you ever dream of being part of an organisation which truly makes a difference and puts children and their families at the heart of everything we do? If the answer is yes, then welcome to James Hopkins Trust! We are a friendly, fun and supportive team who help to make magic memories for life limited and life threatened young children.
Being a Care Coordinator with JHT is about more than just rota management. You will be responsible for supporting the Management Team with admin around recruitment and service provision to ensure we are always delivering the highest possible standard of care. With a passion for providing the highest quality of care and service to our families and admin support to the care team, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual that is dynamic and loves problem solving
We pride ourselves on delivering care that truly meets the needs of the individual we support, and your role will be fundamental to ensuring this happens every day by matching families to appropriate respite sessions and the care team to shifts, not only based on availability, but also skills & competencies needed to care for the child safely.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and passionate Care Coordinator to support the Nursing Team to provide exceptional care and support to children with medically fragile conditions. As a proactive member of the Nursing Team you will assist in creating and maintaining a caring, supportive and safe environment for the children you will be looking after.
You will work with a team of Senior Nurses, Respite Nurses, Health Care Assistants and Play Specialist in a supportive environment. You will be a self-motivated individual with the ability to work either as part of a team or independently. You will have opportunities to broaden your skills with excellent training and development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing exemplary customer service to all families and carers by building and maintaining strong relationships
- Coordinating the day to day operations of the Nursing Department
- Monitor the quality of the service we provide as directed by quality monitoring systems
- To support the day to day monitoring of work standards of the care team.
- Coordinating our care team’s schedules based on the child’s clinical needs, family preferences and care skills required
- Cover care for any care team absence i.e. sickness/annual leave
- Incoming/outgoing calls, letters and emails to staff, clients and external health care professionals
- Collaborative working with the whole JHT team to deliver first class care
- Maintaining excellent communications with the Nursing Management team to ensure that family/person-centred care is delivered at all times
- Provide regular face to face or telephone support to all members of the Nursing team or families and report any relevant feedback regarding carers/families
- as required
- Keeping in regular contact with families to ensure they are well informed about their child’s care at all times
- Ensure all information on the children’s care plans is accurate and kept up to date
- On call duties as and when required by the Registered Manager
The successful applicant must possess:
- Excellent well-presented communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work under pressure
- A can-do attitude, caring and reliable nature
- Be able to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Able to navigate systems and be solution focused at all times
- Attention to detail
- Strong IT skills and ability to use Microsoft Office
- Be highly organised and able to prioritise tasks with a flexible approach
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Although some experience of scheduling rotas is preferred, it is not essential as full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Experience in a health & social care background (Ideally a Level 3 Health & Social Care diploma)
We are proud to have been able to provide free nursing respite care to hundreds of life limited and life threatened young children and their families for over 30 years. We are the only registered charity in Gloucestershire to provide this level of care, day and night, either in the family home or at Kites Corner, our multi-sensory respite centre and gardens.
If you are interested in this role and would like to be part of our team, please contact Sarah James, Trust Director, on 01452 612216 or email email@example.com for an application pack.
Due to the nature of the role an enhanced DBS will be required. James Hopkins Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We celebrate diversity and actively encourage applications from anyone who is suitably qualified.
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) amended the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 so that, from 11 November 2021, all care home workers will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. At this time this is still law so to be eligible to work at JHT you will need to present your NHS COVID Pass to demonstrate you have received a complete course of the COVID Vaccination (A complete course may refer to one or two doses of the vaccine, depending on the type of vaccine. It does not cover booster doses.)
Closing date for applications is 07/03/2022